Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Interview with St. Pete. Deputy Mayor Kanika Tomalin

Once again, I have spent the past week out and about in my hometown of St. Petersburg promoting The 33rd Annual Antiquarian Book Fair happening March 14 - 16th at the historic Coliseum.  It was with absolute joy that I was able to meet up with my best friend from Boca Ciega High School (who is now the new Deputy Mayor of St. Petersburg), to talk about our love for St. Petersburg (we are both fifth-generation natives), the importance of libraries and reading (hence meeting up at The Mirror Lake Public Library), and of course, uniting the community in literacy!  Thank you, Kanika!

For a direct link to my interview with St. Pete. Deputy Mayor Kanika Tomalin, click here.

I also continued my walk down Central Avenue and Beach Drive making sure to say hello to local business owners and employees.  Here are a few that I met!

Love the cubans at Bodega!
Support local art at The Florida Craftsman Gallery!
With Mark Ferguson at Ferg's Sports Bar -
a must before and after Rays games!
I can always find an assortment of Rooibos Tea at Hooker Tea!

For more information about the book fair, please visit www.FloridaBooksellers.com