Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Young, Hip Librarians Take Over | KPBS.org

Young, Hip Librarians Take Over | KPBS.org

This article written by Ana Tintocalis at KPBS in San Diego is awesome and I couldn't be more grateful. I've always worn many hats and this time it paid off! My attending the ALA Midwinter Conference was simply an eagerness to learn how I could be a better librarian to hopefully get a job. I am so proud at this moment that I can barely come up with something to say without tears rolling down my face - people are finally listening and starting a discussion. Librarians are cool, smart, and we need every single one of them. I still don't have a job in a library but perhaps my job for now is just to be the voice that maybe once in awhile people listen to.

Thank you Ana and KPBS...