Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Celebrating ARTpool Gallery 5th Anniversary & National Library Week!

For a direct link to video, please click here.

Thanks to Marina Williams and everybody at ARTpool Gallery for having me out to perform a couple of my literary parody songs on Saturday night in celebration of their 5th Anniversary.  It was a wonderful way to kick off National Library Week, plus we had great weather and a whole lot of fun!  My favorite moment of the show was hearing the audience chant "JOYCE, JOYCE, JOYCE" during my first-ever live performance of "JOYCE Around," a tribute to James Joyce and all things Irish.  There was also something special about performing "THE RAVEN is Hard to Handle" under a crescent moon. Perhaps Edgar Allan Poe was looking down on me and laughing at my silly mustache.  Special thanks to Clinton Lee at Brentwood Photography for the fabulous photos! 

I look forward to spending more time at ARTpool now that my literary bags are being sold there.  Just look for the library shelf filled with books and birds!

Support libraries and local art!!!!

"THE RAVEN Is Hard to Handle"
"JOYCE Around"
Stand-Up Librarian Designs now available
at ARTpool Gallery!