Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meredith Visits Whistler Public Library & Wins Olympic Gold in Librarian Skiing


I am a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, so when I was back in FL finishing up my last semester of library school in February of 2010, I would sit in front of the TV, writing papers while admiring the mad skills of snowboarder Shaun White and the pure heat of speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno. However, the ladies really stepped up on the ski slopes, with Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso each getting medals too, which made me wonder if I could ever have a shot at the Olympics on skis. Was it really that hard?

One year later, and I am getting my chance at Whistler Mountain. Braving the exact course the women’s ski team took, I carefully slide down Wild Card, then cut across Jimmy’s Joker to Franz’s Run, where I proceed to fall for the first time all day. Oh well, Lindsey and Julie fell too but they got back up and won medals! Thankfully, the Whistler Public Library was nearby so I could conduct some additional research and hopefully pick up some tips before trying to compete in 2014. Then again, getting a library job would be like winning the gold medal, with a lot less injuries…Enjoy the video!!!!





For more information:
http://www.whistlerlibrary.ca/