Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Madonna!


My show art from 2003 spoofing the Like a Virgin album cover.
If there is one birthday I celebrate more than my own, it is Madonna.  She's inspired me in so many ways over the years, and continues to do so. "Don't go for second best, baby....Express Yourself."  It began with a performance of "Papa Don't Preach" in Girl Scouts to doing "Vogue" in high school to eventually building a whole one-woman show around her in 2003.  My latest, the "Girl Gone Wild" librarian parody in 2012, was probably my favorite of them all.  An example that age most certainly does not slow us down, it makes us better.  Maybe one of these days I'll actually meet her so I can thank her in person for being the soundtrack of my life.

Happy Birthday Madonna! 


And once again, here are those "Girl Gone Wild" parody videos: