Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Dig Into SHELLING" Summer Reading Program: June 19th at 2pm!

I am so excited that one week from today I will be doing my very first children's program at the Seminole Community Library to kick-off Summer Reading!  After such an incredible year of touring libraries and book stores performing for mostly adult library patrons and staff, (where I heard many times that I should think about developing a kids program), I am now happy to present "Dig Into Shelling," a children's program devoted entirely to my other passion - seashells! 


I've talked many times about being a member of the St. Petersburg Shell Club (of which I am now also on the Board of Directors), so shelling seemed an ideal topic to share that would incorporate my knowledge and love for seashells, especially since most kids this summer (when not at the library) are probably at the beach!  And just like my adult programs, this event will include a variety of educational entertainment from reading and audience participation to show and tell, and yes, a very special shell song & dance!  Did I mention I am giving out FREE shells!?!    

I want to encourage any parents in the Tampa Bay area to bring their kids to the Seminole Community Library on Wednesday, June 19th at 2pm to join in on the fun.  Due to the popularity of the summer programs, (and the limited space available), free admission tickets will be distributed one hour prior to showtime at the entrance to the Program Room B.  The library will not be able to accommodate large groups from local day cares, summer camps, etc. due to fire code restrictions.  The Seminole Community Library at St. Petersburg College, Seminole Campus is located at 9200 113th Street North, Seminole, FL 33772.  For more information, visit www.spcollege.edu/SCL or call the Youth Services Department at 727-394-6913.

Hope to see you there!!!!

When I am not at the library, I am at the beach
collecting seashells.
A live Florida Fighting Conch Shell.